Repairing a steering column cowling for a Subaru Impreza 1997.
The cowling was broken into 3 pieces which I glued together with super glue. The glue dried in just a few seconds and helped to keep the parts together for the next step.
I cleaned the parts with a silicon remover. On the inside of the cowling I used fibreglass and polyester in order to glue the parts together.
I made a "shallow V" on the outside, with a Dremel.
I filled the "shallow V"with fibreglass padding and sanded it with 240 grit sandpaper.
I sprayed it with plastic primer before I covered it with black plastic paint. I'm pretty happy with the result.