14 May 2013

Hyundai Elantra GLS -1999

Changing a rusty crossmember.

Hyundai Elantra 1999 is famous for its rusty crossmember bars. In fact, if you listen very carefully, you can hear it is rusting away.
All the nuts, bolts and sleeves inside the bushings which I had to remove were completely rusted together. The only way to remove them were by using an angle-grinder.


Red circles shows the bushings I chose to remove in order to get the crossmember removed from underneath the car.


As you can see from the picture, it was very rusty. The metal was like crackers.


 I used an arm puller tool to remove the bushings from the stabilizer arms.


I photo of the "new" crossmember after it was cleaned, blasted and painted.


I made myself a press tool to put the new bushings into place. I cleaned the metal on the stabilizers, using a Dremel andI  had some Fairy dish washer soap on the bushings and the stabilizer before I used the press tool to put it together. The press tool is made of a long bolt, 2 x nuts and 2 x washers. The long bolt goes through the bushing and stabilizer. Then it is just to use the nuts in order to push it together.


Part list:


2 x Nut                                   1310412001
2 x Washer-spring                  1361212001
2 x Plate                                 5523322001
2 x Bolt-cam                          5523029000
6 x Flange nut (self locking) 5455928000
4 x Bolt-flange                      551173F000
2 x Bolt                                 5521722000
4 x Bush-rr susp rr arm         5277329000
4 x Bush-rr susp fr arm         5521529000


2 comments:

  1. Thank to Mr. Benjamin for helping me acquire my VA Mortgage loan. It was great receiving my loan of $900,000 USD from this loan lender. My name is Krasimir Todor am Belgian. I got my loan from this reputable loan lender on the 20th of November 2019 and I want to quickly use this medium to tell everyone here that you can acquire any loan from this credible loan company. A VA loan lender is not easy to come by and it must be recommended by the Department of Veteran Affairs. Mr Benjamin will give you loans at low-interest rates of 2% rate and very fast. Get your loans at Email: 247officedept@gmail.com or on Whatsapp number: + 1-989-394-3740

    ReplyDelete
  2. This content is very unique. Thank you so much for sharing this information. I really appreciate to this content and impressed with website. I hope you like this my compliment. Thermal Acoustic Liners

    ReplyDelete