3 February 2016

Hattrick R1 Run threadmill

The treadmill belt stopped completely  after stopping and starting for a few times. 

It was the time for getting out my trusted multimeter and some tools.



The display and control panel was still working as normal.



I removed the plastic panel (kept in place by 8 Philips screws) covering the motor and control circuit board.

The first I set out to do was to test if the motor was still working. I disconnected the black (-) and red (+) wire from the circuit board.


I connected my multimeter directly to the motor.


With the multimeter set to Ohm it should read 0 Ohm or close to 0. It did in my case so I went on to the next test.


With the multimeter set to VDC, I rotated the motor quickly by hand. If the motor is working it should give some voltage reading from the display of the multimeter. It did in my case so I went on to the next test.


I connected the motor directly to a car battery. The motor was turning. My conclusion was then, that the motor was working as it should and the controller circuit board had to be the problem.


I removed the controller from the treadmill by undoing 4 Philips screws (red circles) ,removing the 2 wires for the motor (light blue circles) and 2 power wires (green circles).


At the rear of the controller circuit board I found a broken leg on one of the components (red circle). Because of the weight of the component and the fact that it was not fixed to the circuit board I am sure that vibrations from running on the treadmill had caused the fault.


Before soldering it back on I glued it to the circuit board using a glue gun (melted glue). Hopefully that component will not make any more trouble in the future.


Some more info:
Motor type:


Belt type: 483J (483 mm)











4 comments:

  1. Hello, do you know how to fix it when is start but after 30 seconds stop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bună, cum gasesc un panou de comanda si unde

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un site unde pot găsii piese

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. I really appreciate to this content and website. I hope you like this my comment. closed cell foam

    ReplyDelete